Well as you already know I absolutely love working with felt and today I thought I’d share with you why I’m such a huge fan.
Here’s 6 reasons why I think felt is fabulous:
- This has to be the top reason for me … felt doesn’t fray when cut which makes it an ideal medium for crafting.
- Felt is so flexible and very EASY to work with. This is because it is a non-woven material made from natural fibres.
- You can choose from so many different types of felt on the market including pure wool, wool blend, acrylic and eco-fi felt made from 100% post consumer recycled plastic bottles.
- Beautiful acrylic patterned felt is available too with floral designs, hearts, polka dots and stripes to choose from.
- Felt comes in an array of gorgeous colours that we are spoilt for choice! How lucky are we?
- And finally …. it’s FUN to work with!
Oh and did I mention how versatile felt is? You can let your imagination run wild and make lots of wonderful things such as cute soft toys, pillows, ornaments and decorations to name but a few.
I hope you are feeling inspired into having some fun with felt and raring to go on your next crafty project.
P.S. ~ You can find the pattern for the barn owl feltie right here.