It’s that time of year again and time to do some Christmas crafting!
If you are looking for an easy Christmassy project to do, today I’m sharing a quick tutorial on how to make your own felt gift tags.
These sweet little tags feature a cute sparkly Christmas tree and are quick and easy to sew using only scraps of felt. They will add a lovely handmade touch to your Christmas gifts this year!
You will need:
- Template (See below)
- Blue or red felt.
- Green felt.
- Red and gold seed beads.
- One gold sequin
- Red, green and gold/natural cotton thread.
- Red embroidery floss.
- Needle, pins and scissors.
- Download and print the template below.
2. Cut out the shapes and pin to felt. Cut one green Christmas tree and two round circle shapes in blue or red felt.
3. Pin the tree to the centre of one circle shape and sew in place using running stitch (straight stitch) with green cotton thread.
4. Sew the red and gold seed beads onto the tree as shown using green cotton thread. (This can be a bit fiddly!!)
5. Now sew on a gold sequin to the top of the tree with matching thread.
6. Next, cut a length of red embroidery floss, fold into a loop and knot the end. Attach to the top of the second circle shape with one or two stitches. (Try to sew into the felt, not through the felt.)
7. Place the two circle shapes together so that the loop is inbetween the two. Use a pin to hold the circles in place and sew around the edge with red cotton thread using running stitch. Or you can use blanket stitch around the edge if you prefer.
I hope you enjoy sewing your gift tags. Happy sewing!
This tutorial is for personal use only.